1940: Smith-Wright Hall completed.
1940: Howard Street Brick House built,* current home to Psychology Research Department.
1946: Watauga Academy and old Science Building/Fine Arts Building destroyed by fire.
1946: Art and Music Departments moved to basement of Administration Building.
1946: New Barn completed.*
1949: Service Annex completed.
1949: Campus Laundry facilities completed in Services Annex Building.
*Source: Physical Facilities Inventory, 2003